Book by Feras Batarseh and Ruixin Yang: “Data Democracy: At the Nexus of Artificial Intelligence, Software Development, and Knowledge Engineering provides a manifesto to data democracy. After reading the chapters of this book, you are informed and suitably warned! You are already part of the data republic, and you (and all of us) need to ensure that our data fall in the right hands. Everything you click, buy, swipe, try, sell, drive, or fly is a data point. But who owns the data? At this point, not you! You do not even have access to most of it. The next best empire of our planet is one who owns and controls the world’s best dataset. If you consume or create data, if you are a citizen of the data republic (willingly or grudgingly), and if you are interested in making a decision or finding the truth through data-driven analysis, this book is for you. A group of experts, academics, data science researchers, and industry practitioners gathered to write this manifesto about data democracy.
- The future of the data republic, life within a data democracy, and our digital freedoms
- An in-depth analysis of open science, open data, open source software, and their future challenges
- A comprehensive review of data democracy’s implications within domains such as: healthcare, space exploration, earth sciences, business, and psychology
- The democratization of Artificial Intelligence (AI), and data issues such as: Bias, imbalance, context, and knowledge extraction
- A systematic review of AI methods applied to software engineering problems…(More)”.