Pledge: “Immediate action is required to halt the COVID-19 Pandemic and treat those it has affected. It is a practical and moral imperative that every tool we have at our disposal be applied to develop and deploy technologies on a massive scale without impediment.
We therefore pledge to make our intellectual property available free of charge for use in ending the COVID-19 pandemic and minimizing the impact of the disease.
We will implement this pledge through a license that details the terms and conditions under which our intellectual property is made available.
How to make the Pledge
The first step for organizations wishing to make the Pledge is to publicly commit to making intellectual property relevant to COVID-19 freely available, by:
- Posting a public statement that the organization is making the Pledge, on their website.
- Issuing an official press release.
And then sending us a link to this statement, a point of contact in the organization, and, at the organization’s discretion, a copy of their logo to display on this site.
How to implement the Pledge
The next step for organizations who have made the Pledge is to implement it via a license detailing the terms and conditions under which their intellectual property is made available. There are three options for doing so:
- Adopt the Open COVID License, created by our legal team for organizations that wish to implement the Pledge simply and immediately on terms shared by many other organizations.
- Create a custom license that accomplished the intent of the Pledge.
- Identify existing license(s) that accomplish the goals of the Pledge.
As with making the Pledge, send us links to the license or licenses, a point of contact in the organization, and, at the organization’s discretion, a copy of their logo to display on this site….(More)”.