USA Gov: “There’s an app for everything in this digital age, including hundredsdeveloped by the federal government. Here are six apps that we foundespecially useful.
- Smart Traveler – Planning a trip out of the country this year? SmartTraveler by the State Department is great for all your trips abroad. Getthe latest travel alerts and information on every country, includinghow to find and contact each U.S. Embassy.
- FoodKeeper – Ever wonder how long you should cook chicken or howlong food can sit in the fridge before it goes bad? The U.S. Departmentof Agriculture’s FoodKeeper is the tool for you. Not only can you findresources on food safety and post reminders of how long food willremain safe to eat, you can also ask a food safety specialist questions 24/7.
- FEMA App – The FEMA app helps you learn how to prepare for and respond to disasters. It includes weather alerts, tipsfor building a basic emergency supply kit, and contact information for applying for assistance and finding local sheltersand disaster recovery centers. Stay safe and know what to do when disasters happen.
- IRS2GO – Tax season is here. This IRS app can help you track the status of your refund, make a payment, or find taxpreparation assistance, sometimes for free.
- CDC Influenza App-Stay on top of the flu this season and get the latest updates from this official Centers for DiseaseControl and Prevention app. It’s great for health practitioners, teachers, and parents, and includes tips for avoiding the fluand maps of influenza activity.
- Dwellr– Have you ever wondered what U.S. city might best suit you? Then the Dwellr app is just for you. When you firstopen the app, you’re guided through an interactive survey, to better understand your ideal places to live based on datagathered by the Census Bureau….(More)”