“The Agile Government Handbook is a community project to help government learn and adopt Agile development practices….
The U.S. federal TechFAR Handbook highlights six key reasons why government should adopt Agile for IT project management and development.
- Improvement in investment manageability and budgetary feasibility
- Reduction of overall risk
- Frequent delivery of usable capabilities that provide value to customers more rapidly
- Increased flexibility
- Creation of new opportunities for small businesses
- Greater visibility into contractor performance