“The Municipal Transparency Portal is an initiative of the XIX constitutional Government to increase transparency of local public administration management toward citizens. Here are presented and made available a set of indicators regarding management of the 308 Portuguese municipalities, as well as their aggregation on inter-municipal entities (metropolitan areas and intermunicipal communities) when applicable.
The indicators are organized in 6 groups:
- Financial management: financial indicators relating to indebtedness, municipal revenue and expenditure
- Administrative management: indicators relating to municipal human resources, public procurement and transparency of municipal information
- Fiscal decisions of municipality: rates determined by the municipalities on IMI, IRS and IRC surcharge
- Economic dynamics of the municipality: indicators about local economic activity of citizens and businesses
- Municipal services: indicators regarding the main public services with relevant intervention of municipalities (water and waste treatment, education and housing)
- Municipal electoral turnout: citizen taking part in local elections and voting results.