Paper by Becky Carter: “A synthesis of what the existing evidence says (and where there are gaps) on:
1) What role might ‘infomediaries’, and specifically the media have in helping translate transparency into greater government accountability? In generating that accountability? In empowering citizens?
2) In what contexts or types of contexts do ‘infomediaries’ and media play such a facilitating role, and why?
3) What enabling factors contributed to success?
4) What role, if any, have donors had in supporting these sectors in this capacity?
5) What risks exist in this space?…(More)”